NBA Green Energy All-Stars Sweepstakes Official Rules.
No Purchase or Text Message Necessary to Enter or Win.
Purchasing Will Not Increase Your Chance of Winning.
- Eligibility: NBA Green Energy All-Stars Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are thirteen (13) years of age or older. Entrants must have a parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to participate in this Tournament prior to participating. Employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of National Environmental Education Foundation (“Sponsor”), The National Basketball Association (“NBA”), NBA Properties, Inc., NBA Media Ventures, LLC, NBA Digital, the NBA and its member teams, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, advertising/promotion agencies and teamDigital Promotions, Inc., (collectively, “Released Parties”), and the immediate family members (parent, spouse, sibling or child and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win a prize. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws, rules and regulations.
- Promotion Period: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on 4/22/17 and ends at 11:59:59PM ET on 5/22/17 (“Promotion Period”).
- How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter during the Promotion Period, via text and mail-in: 1) Text Message: Using a wireless device, successfully send a text message using keyword “TIMEOUT” to 49767. Once you have properly text messaged the keyword to 49767, you will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. By opting into the sweepstakes you will receive one (1) entry into the Tier One Prize drawing of the Sweepstakes. To receive one (1) entry into the Tier Two Prize drawing of the Sweepstakes you must complete at least 3 out of 6 energy saving actions assigned by the Sponsor. To report completing the energy saving actions indicated, respond to the designated reply text message as instructed in each message. Upon responding to your third message, you will be automatically entered into the Tier Two Prize drawing. You may opt-out from receiving future text messages from Sponsor at any time by sending the word STOP to 49767. To get help with SMS, send HELP to 49767. Message and data rates may apply. Your wireless service provider may charge you for each text message you send and/or receive. Please consult your wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans. You must be a wireless service subscriber with text messaging service using a participating service provider in order to enter via this method. Not all cellular phone providers carry the necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific text messaging instructions. Limit one (1) entry per wireless phone number. Additional entries received from any one wireless phone number during any one day of this Sweepstakes will be void; or 2) Mail-In: To receive one (1) entry into both the Tier and Tier 2 Prize drawings without sending a text message, hand write your first and last name, street address, city, state, zip, email address, date of birth, and phone number on a plain piece of paper and mail your entry in a properly stamped #10 envelope to: NBA Green Energy All-Stars Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 15173, Bridgeport, CT 06673-5173. All mail-in entries must be received by 5/30/17 to be eligible. Limit one (1) entry per person per entry method for the duration of the Promotion Period (maximum of 2 entries). Entries received outside of the stated limitation will be void. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise may be disqualified. Entries must be received by the reply deadline to be considered for the drawing. Photocopied, computer generated facsimiles, mechanically reproduced, automated, mass entries and entries by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. Entries become property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, late, garbled, lost, illegible, inaccurate, postage due or undelivered mail, delayed or misdirected entries or text messages, failures or malfunctions of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems, lost entries, text messages or transmissions, interrupted or unavailable network, server, wireless service provider or other connections, miscommunications, failed computer hardware or software or technical failures, garbled, misrouted, scrambled transmissions, printing, typographical, or other errors in these Official Rules, in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements or other materials, or other errors or problems of any kind whether computer, network, cellular, human, electronic or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries or text messages or in the announcement of the prizes. The use of automated or similar devices, including but not limited to entries submitted using any bot, macro, script, or sweepstakes service (or any other devices intended to automate any aspect of entry) to enter this Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entries made through such means are void. Mechanically reproduced entries are void. Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s wireless phone/handset/computer/device related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants (and if an eligible minor, their parent or legal guardian) give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor by text message, telephone, e-mail and/or postal mail for Sweepstakes purposes only. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and/or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Winner Selection/Odds: The potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about 6/5/17 from among all eligible entries received by the NBA, whose decisions as to the selection of winners will be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received. The potential prize winners (and if eligible minors, their parents or legal guardians) will be notified by text message, telephone, and/or email. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant entering via text message, entry will be deemed the primary account holder associated with the wireless telephone number. The “primary account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a wireless telephone number by a wireless service provider responsible for assigning wireless phone number. Proof (to Sponsor’s satisfaction) of being the primary account holder may be required by Sponsor. The Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrants’ e-mail accounts to receive e-mail messages. The Released Parties are not responsible for false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information. Limit of one (1) prize per person and per household.
Tier 1 Prizing (prizes will be assigned at random to four (4) individual winners):
One (1) $100 NBA Store Gift Card; Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) =$100
One (1) NBA Green Gift Pack (NBA Green t-shirt, basketball & water bottle); ARV=$75
One (1) WNBA autographed basketballs by Swin Cash & Ruth Riley; ARV=$200
One (1) NBA autographed jersey by Dikembe Mutombo; ARV=$300
Tier 2 Prizing: One (1) Grand Prize: Winner’s choice of either: 1) Two (2) 2017-18 NBA Regular Season tickets to any one (1) NBA team market selected by winner, subject to availability; or 2) Two (2) 2017-18 WNBA Regular Season tickets to any one (1) WNBA team market selected by winner, subject to availability. Maximum ARV =$200. In the event that the winner does not live within a reasonable driving distance to a NBA team market or there is no ticket inventory available in the requested market, the Sponsor will award the prize of comparable value. Travel to and from game is not included in prize and is each winner’s sole responsibility. Seat locations will be determined by the NBA and/or the WNBA. Tickets are subject to terms and conditions specified thereon. Total Maximum ARV of all prizes: $875.
- Miscellaneous: No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of prizes (or portion thereof) except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute prize(s) (or applicable portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value (except as otherwise provided above), at its sole discretion. Winners may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and (where legal) Publicity Release and/or any other documents required by Sponsor within three (3) days of date of receipt of documents. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing or with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and awarding of prize to an alternate winner, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting. If any prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable, in the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, if a potential winner fails to execute and return all required documents within the specified time period, or Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner within a reasonable time period, such potential winner will be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be selected. The Tier 2 Grand Prize winner and his/her respective guest(s) (where applicable) must agree to comply with all venue rules and regulations relating to the use of NBA game/event tickets (as applicable) and, in accordance therewith, agree not to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with any intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at such game. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize or prize element (as applicable). Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to: 1) disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or any other component of this Sweepstakes, or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules and 2) modify, suspend or terminate this Sweepstakes for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, including should virus, bug, worm, unauthorized intervention or other causes, including but not limited to war, strikes, terrorist activities, and/or acts of God, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Sweepstakes and, in the event of termination, at its discretion, select winners for the drawing at issue from among eligible, non-suspect entries received for the drawing at issue as of the date of the event requiring such termination. By participating, entrants (and if eligible minors, their parents or legal guardians) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and agree that: 1) Released Parties and their designees and assigns may use (unless prohibited by law) such entrant’s name, voice, city/state of residence, biographical information, photograph, and/or other visual likeness for advertising and/or trade purposes in any media or format now or hereafter known worldwide in perpetuity without further compensation, permission or notification; and 2) that Released Parties and each of their respective employees, agents, representatives, licensors, successors and assigns shall have no liability and will be held harmless for any liability, loss, injury or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, personal injury, death or damage to personal or real property, to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize (or any portion thereof) (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or participation in this Sweepstakes.
- Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant agrees that: 1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the entrant; 2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and 3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of New York, USA.
- Winners List: For the names of the winners (available after 8/7/17), send an email to: email@example.com no later than 8/7/17.
- Sponsor: National Environmental Education Foundation, 4301 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 160, Washington, DC 20008-2326
- Mobile terms and conditions: neefusa.org/Timeout-Mobile-Terms